Nutty, crunchy, sweet, satisfying…this granola is a lighter alternative to the heavy peanut butter variety often found in grocery stores or frozen yogurt bars.
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup grape nuts cereal
2-3 tablespoons of chia seeds
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 cup ground oats
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash of turmeric, optional
1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon honey
1 egg white, beaten
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, grape nuts, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, ground oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and turmeric.
- In a second bowl, whisk together coconut oil, molasses, honey and egg white.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and stir till until evenly moistened.
- Spread mixture over parchment paper using a spatula and pat flat.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until edges start to brown. Do not stir! Remove from oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet (this will help large granola clusters to form).
- Pour cooled granola into an airtight container and stir in coconut flakes, if desired. Store in the fridge and enjoy with fresh fruit and berries over yogurt.