With a great big dollop of frosting on top!
1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
4 ounces shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending well between additions.
- Add extracts and blend again.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add half of dry mixture to butter mixture, blend. Then add buttermilk, blend. Finally add the remaining dry mixture, blending only until just combined.
- Finally, fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Gently scoop batter into lined muffin tins, just to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
- Frost when cooled completely and top with more toasted coconut.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 stick cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon almond extract 3/4 pound confectioners’ sugar (or enough to reach desired consistency)
- Blend cream cheese, butter and extracts.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and blend some more!