Just a hint of pesto and a handful of shedded kale add another dimension to this very quick and easy alfredo sauce. This sauce goes great with Edamame & Mung bean noodles or tri-color bowties.
bunch of kale, shredded or chopped finely
1/2 stick butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded dubliner or other sharp cheddar
1/2 cup cubed muenster or other melting cheese
3 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle kale with olive oil and sauteé in a medium saucepan until wilted and fragrant. Set kale aside.
- In the same pot melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and sauteé until it starts to color.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in flour until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Slowly incorporate the milk and stir again to combine.
- Return to heat and bring to a simmer to thicken.
- Add the kale, cheese and spices and continue to heat until sauce comes together.
Makes 4 servings.