Delicate Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Delicately thin and mouthwateringly soft chocolate cookies.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon crisco (optional, but gives even better chewiness)
1 teaspoon vanilla or mint extract
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 – 1 cup chocolate chips or mint chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets with Pam.
- Cream butter, crisco and sugar until light and fluffy ~5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix to combine. *The dough should be moist. If the eggs are too small, the dough will not come together sufficiently at this point. Crack open another egg and place it in a small bowl. Use a spoon to transfer tablespoons of egg white into mixing bowl and blend to combine. Continue adding egg white until dough is cohesive and moist. The key is to reach desired consistency without overworking the dough.
- Finally, blend or stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1-2 tablespoon balls using the palm of your hands. Press each ball with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 11 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 2 minutes on sheets. They will be barely firm and slightly cracked. Finally, remove to wire racks to cool. Makes ~28 cookies. A super easy recipe!