Golden yellow beauties studded with little kernels of fresh corn.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup fresh or canned corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper cups and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine milk, cream and cornmeal and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add honey, eggs, and vanilla and beat to combine.
- In another bowl stir together salt, flour and baking powder.
- Add the wet cornmeal/milk/cream mixture to the bowl and mix.
- Beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients. The less you mix, the better.
- Finally, stir in corn kernels. Dry ingredients should be just incorporated.
- Fill 12 muffin cups with batter (~3/4 full).
- Bake for ~20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy warm with jelly and cheese.