I know lemon isn’t usually the first thing that springs to mind when I decide to break out the baking supplies…so keep this one in mind!
Inspired by Starbuck’s Lemon Loaf and Averie Cook’s spot on recipe.
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (4 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup (4 ounces) lemon-flavored Greek yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice, or as necessary for consistency
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9x5” loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, sour cream and yogurt until smooth and evenly combined.
- Drizzle in the oil, whisking to incorporate.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon extract and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Some lumps are OK!
- Pour the batter out into prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until top is domed, set, and toothpick inserted in the center crack comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. If the top is over-browning in the final 10 minutes of baking, you can tent the pan with tin foil.
- Turn loaf onto a wire rack and poke top liberally with a toothpick. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle glaze over bread; let firm slightly before slicing and serving.
Keep bread in an airtight container at room temperature - it will dry out in the fridge.