A very simple recipe that brings a unique flavor to the dessert table.
1 graham cracker crust
3 cups (2 cans) condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
1 drop green food coloring
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- If your graham cracker pie crust requires baking, do so before making the filling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, zest and food coloring. Mix well and pour into crust.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until tiny bubbles burst on the surface of the pie. Do not brown!! The crust should be poofy to the touch.
- Let cool 10 minutes, the refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, whip cream and sugar to desired consistency. Top pie with cream.