The chunkiest, chewiest, yummiest oatmeal raisin cookies.
3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg (to consistency)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1+ cup raisins (as desired)
1/2+ cup chocolate chips (as desired)
1/2+ cup coconut (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Blend egg and vanilla into butter mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix into wet mixture.
- Stir in oats, raisins, chocolate chips and coconut.
- Refrigerate batter for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove cookies from oven and let firm slightly on sheets before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Although you are free to add coconut or chocolate chips to you’re heart’s desire, it is important to maintain the correct consistency for the batter. You may need to incorporate an additional egg white for moistness (and to bind the cookie together). Failing to account for increased volume of dry ingredients will result in a very crumbly cookie- still delicious, but very messy!