Love Bermuda kale! Pick it fresh, eat it often.
1 large bunch of kale, cleaned, de-stemmed and chopped
block of Parmesan
1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts, toasted
salt & pepper to taste
- Steam the cleaned kale over simmering water for ~10 minutes until wilted and reduced in volume.
- Remove kale from heat and run under cold water briefly. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, toast the nuts until browned.
- Add kale, Parmesan (as desired), a splash of lemon juice, nuts and seasonings to the bowl of a food processor. Drizzle with olive oil and pulse until combined. Add more cheese and seasonings to suit your taste. Drizzle in more olive oil to reach the consistency you’re looking for.
- Serve warmed with pasta and sauteed onions or spread on sandwiches/paninis. Pesto is so versatile! Be sure to store in fridge.