Crunchy, golden clusters of oats, toasted almonds and chia seeds- serve with a dollop of yogurt and fresh fruit.
1 cup almonds, chopped coarsely
3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup oat flour (blend old fashioned oats into powder)
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg white
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together chopped almonds, oats, oat flour and chia seeds in a large bowl.
- Combine the coconut oil and honey in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar to oil/honey mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir.
- Stir cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla into the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with the oats and stir to combine.
- Whisk egg white and add to mixture, stirring until evenly distributed.
- Pour granola out onto pan and flatten with the back of a spatula. Should be an even layer about 1/4” - 1/2” thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Fight the urge to give it a stir- we want those big clusters to form. At around 30 minutes, check to make sure you aren’t getting any burning around the edges. If all looks good, return pan to oven for approximately 10 - 15 more minutes. The goal is a subtle golden color. When you think you have about 10 minutes left, add in the cranberries and stir– but only minimally. Be gentle. When finished, remove pan from oven and let granola sit on the counter to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.