A crunchy, hearty medley of veggies, grain and toasted nuts.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 small onion, diced
1 bunch scallions, chopped finely
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 head broccoli, chopped
3/4 cup pecans, chopped finely
splash lemon juice
splash apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons McKay’s chicken seasoning
- Soak quinoa in enough water to cover for 30 minutes. Rinse several times and then drain.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Bring quinoa, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt to boil over medium heat. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, or until grains are tender and water is absorbed. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss chopped broccoli heads in olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on baking sheet and roast in oven, stirring frequently to ensure an even roast. Remove from oven when lightly golden and slightly crispy.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion, scallions and garlic in olive oil until soft and lightly browning. Remove from heat.
- And lastly, toast pecans until lightly browned.
- Combine quinoa, broccoli, onion mixture and pecans. Add seasonings and a splash of lemon juice and cider vinegar.