A warm, sweet carrot dish with a moist middle and crispy crust.
2 pounds carrots, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking power
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons graham marsala
3 eggs, beaten
confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Steam carrots until mushy over boiling water. Once tender, pour carrots into bowl and mash until only slightly chunky.
- Add melted butter, white sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla and graham marsala.
- Whisk eggs in separate bowl and temper by adding several teaspoons of hot carrot mixture. Continue whisking eggs for 30 seconds, then add to carrots (you don’t want to pour eggs in the hot mush directly because they’ll scramble!).
- Mix well and pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes depending on the size of your dish. Souffle should be firm to the touch and form a crispy crust around the edges.