Come on, how could you possibly make delicate, chewy, super easy snickerdoodles any better? Duh! Add coconut!
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
3/4 cup coconut
3 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream together butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and blend only until combined.
- Finally, stir in coconut.
- Let dough chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll dough into tablespoon balls and coat in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake! As soon as edges start to get crispy, they’re ready to be taken out.
- Remove from oven and let cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Let cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy with a hot earl grey tea.
Yield: ~20 cookies.