I searched high and low for a method to delete multiple photos off of the memory card in my Nikon D5100 camera. Believe it or not but I could find NOTHING- not an official guide, not even a Yahoo answers thread- to tell me how to do it. I hope this post saves others the pain of individually purging 2000 photos from their memory cards!
How to Delete Multiple Photos In One Go on a D5100:
- Turn on your camera with the memory card inserted.
- Press the review button (rectangle with a triangle in it). You should see one of your photos appear on the screen.
- Press the Menu button. You should see a list of icons pop up on the left hand side of your screen.
- Select the top icon (the rectangle with a triangle in it). This brings up the PLAYBACK MENU.
- Move the cursor to the right and highlight Delete. Press enter to bring up the Delete Menu.
- Choose either “Selected”, “Select Date” or “All” to delete either a) the certain images you select, b) all images within a date range or c) all images on the card. Use the buttons that appear on the bottom of the screen to select your choices and delete in batches.
Voila, you just saved yourself a lot of repetitive button mashing.