Peanut butter and butterscotch: a match made in heaven.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F; Grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add peanut butter and beat again until light and fluffy.
- Mix in both eggs, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, oats and butterscotch chips.
- Add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture and beat to combine. The batter will be quite sticky and difficult to manage. Bear with it- these cookies are well worth the mess.
- Form batter into balls approximately 2 tablespoons each. Place well apart on sheets as they do tend to spread in the oven.
- Bake 10-13 minutes depending on the size of your cookies. If you like super chewy cookies, remove pans from oven when cookie edges are set and centers are just barely sticky.
- Let sit on sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.