Try dunking one of these in a cup of hot tea.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
generous 3/4 cup oats
1 cup white chocolate chips OR 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to wet mixture.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips (and coconut, if desired).
- Drop by tablespoons onto sheets and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. The longer you leave the cookies in the oven and on the sheets, the harder they will be after they cool. My advice, undercook ’em.
- Remove from the sheets and cool.